September 1, 2009

8 Days...This is Really Happening

I think every inexperienced blogger suffers from a drought every now and again. For me, these last two weeks have been crazy busy and An Optimist's Alcove has suffered. But hopefully this week I will be able to get things back on track.

What have I been doing that could have possibly been more important than blogging? How about freshman orientation!

This year I was a part of Orientation Leadership Staff - and boy was it a blast. I semi-moved back to school for two weeks. The first week was filled with planning and running errands until the new students arrived.

Move in day was the outrageous. I stood on the curb outside of the girl's dorm and directed traffic all while greeting families, finding out what room the girl was in, and then yelling at football players so they knew where to take the stuff!

But it didn't stop there. The next few days were filled with a trip to Pittsburgh, picnicking, tug-of-war, water balloons, sleep deprivation, student panels, ice cream, the O-Show, and finger paints.

It was an incredible two weeks! Definitely not void of frustrations, but having the opportunity to form deeper friendships and begin new relationships with the incoming class was so amazing...

...and then I came home.

Yesterday was the first day of classes for everyone else on campus - except me. I have 8 more days of summer. 8 more days to pack, 8 more days in the USA, 8 more days until ROME!

This is really happening

OMG!


3 comments:

  1. You forgot to write about a certain someone calling a certain boss "babe"; then how you and another someone talked about it. Only to realize a bit later that a certain boss responded to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, oh no! That was definitely a memorable moment lol glad we got to share that :D

    ReplyDelete