September 11, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Jet-Lagged Student

So, this is going to be a short one because I've now been up for about 42 hours straight.

Everything with our flights on Thursday went beautifully. When we actually boarded for Rome I had a brief spazz out moment with one of the other students seated next to me. All through take off and the first few hours we just kept coming back to Rome, all we wanted to do there, and all we would be able to see, do, and learn. It didn’t seem possible.

Over the 8.5 hour flight I slept a totally 45 minutes. The rest of my time was spent watching cheesy movies, chit chat, and gazing out over the France and seeing Paris totally lit up at about 5am. Then I witnessed a beautiful sunrise, and got an incredible view of the Swiss Alps! It was so beautiful.

When we landed in Rome we bustled through the airport. Everyone got their luggage and we headed to the convent. Lisa and I dumped our bags in our fabulous little room and ran off to explore. The grounds are gorgeous!

Jet lag caught the whole group and we were quite a solemn bunch during the afternoon and dinner. But the night turned out well. Dr Zabo taught us how to order Gelato in Italian and I was served by a very handsome waiter ;)

Its finally hitting me how long I am going to be here, and I'm not going to lie, I was already homesick today. I have not clue what tomorrow holds, but I know that its going to be amazing. For now I'm putting all my stress aside and trying to focus on what HE has planned!
P.S. My life is so amazing right now. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment