September 7, 2009

1 Day to Go...

Time is a really strange phenomenon. Five seconds of silence can take a lifetime to pass when you're in a really awkward situation, or five hours can fly by when you're having fun.

When I was accepted into the Rome program it seemed so extremely distant. I spent a semester looking forward to this trip, three month of summer seemed like they would never end, and now I've just spent my last weekend at home for quite a while. One more day in the USA

I'm not going to lie, this last week has been hard. During orientation I once again realized how much I love my college. I met so many new people and deepened past friendships, so coming home to pack was really difficult. One day I even told my mom "What the heck was I thinking going away for a whole semester!?" And now I'm facing the reality of saying goodbye to my family for three months.

Its pretty mind blowing. I am feeling very overwhelmed...but I know that everything is really going to be okay. The Lord worked everything out so perfectly for this trip. I know I am supposed to go, and that He has amazing things in store for me!

I am going to get to do what many people dream about doing. Living in another culture, traveling, meeting people, and growing into the person that God would have me to be.

This is going to be an amazing three months and it will be good just to get over there and begin my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment