September 3, 2009

6 Days...Lets Just Take a Moment to Think About This Shall We?

So, in less than one week I will be boarding a plane to spend three months of my life in Europe. (I'm sure by now you're tired of hearing this, but then again, you could go read someone else's blog ;) Anyways, to make a long story short, I was thinking about all of the things in my life that are going to change as I embark on this new adventure. For example:

In 6 days I'll be in a totally new country and culture

By September 16 I will have been in school one week - Geneva students will be at 2.5 weeks

In two months I will have visited five European countries. I'll have spent the night on a train, stayed in multiple hostels, experienced couch surfing, sang "Do Ra Me" on the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg, seen a fashion show in Paris, and stood before the glimmering lights of the Eiffel Tower.

And within the next three months I will have traveled through Italy, ridden a gonadal, been lost on the metro, learned how to cook, see the Coliseum and the Leaning Tower of Pisa, studied a foreign language, lived with the locals, and made new friends.

There will be tough times to. I know that I'll get homesick and have to deal with problems just like any other time in my life. But I hope this will be such an incredible opportunity for me just to grow into the person that God wants me to be.

Its hard to take it all in. So much is going to happen to me in a mere 90 days and I am looking forward to ebracing this new experience with all of the joy and enthusiasm I can must. The Lord has given me such an amazing opportunity to learn and I cannot wait to find out what He has planned. This truly will be a life changing experience....I'm not sure you'll recognize the Sarah who comes back!

And it all starts in 6 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment