September 10, 2009

Day 1: On the Moon - I mean....

I got up ready for my flight. Bags were packed. Last minute details taken care of. All was as it should be.

Bolts of excitement shot through the group as we gathered for final farewells. Dr. Cole gave us a lot of encouragement and with misty eyes said goodbye to this first group entering the Rome program. We were pumped!

After everyone got through security we rejoiced to find our flight on time...then there was a slight delay...then we were flying to Paris....then - canceled.

I filmed a super great video telling you the whole story...but due to technical difficulties, you'll have to get the low down the old fashioned way ;)

Everything turned out really well. All sixteen of us got our own room is the super posh hotel. As we checked in the attendants gave us each a chocolate chip cookie (the shmoosing was great!) Each member of our party also got vouchers for dinner, breakfast, and lunch. So all looking up.

Our all American hamburger dinner was outstanding. Then we got a surprise visit from Brian and Brenna. Supposedly, Brian had came to "say good-bye to me" but I think I know better ;) Girlfriend + scoring points with the best friend!

Anyways, Mr Wright took up for milkshakes and then we had a wonderful, good old fashioned pillow fight! It lasted on and off for about an hour haha
If we had to spend another night in thr USA that was the way to go.


Please check out the other pics from the trip on my Facebook page!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are in ROME! I'm super jealous and I'm lovin' the updates! BUT I miss you...a lot. Its crazy that by the time you get back I'll be half way out of here...
    ALSO I give you permission to have a fabulous time but some of my Sarah Friend BETTER COME BACK INTACT (and yes that IS a threat!) Love you dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete