July 7, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance - Take #2 For the Hendersons

I’ve heard that time goes faster as you get older…and I think that just might be true. It seems like just yesterday it was July of 2007 and I was getting ready to begin my freshman year of college. Now its July of 2009, I am a junior, and my baby sister just graduated from high school!!! Now I’m not sure what’s happening, but whatever it is, I need to find a way to make it stop!

But seriously, a graduation is a bitter/sweet moment. It ends one chapter of your life, but opens another. And when you’re standing there with your whole future ahead everything looks beautiful – and let me tell you, my sis stepped out with a bang!

From her long hair (which took me an hour to straighten) to her bright yellow dress, to her white sling back, peep-toed heals, she looked gorgeous! I’ve never seen my little sister look so beautiful…she looked like Anne Hathaway – only better :)

The ceremony was wonderful. Rachael read a poem she had written, which is going to a national competition. There were several great speeches, and lots of sentimentality.

Here are some pictures of the ceremony…party pics to come!


The Class of 2009

Mom and Dad presenting Rachael's Diploma



Some Henderson Family





Congrats Rachael!!!
Much love
<3


More pictures to come soon on my Facebook Page.


1 comment:

  1. I'm certainly no expert on the time-space continuum (though I do enjoy a lot of science fiction.) But I think that famous scientist with the funny hair said it best (and of course, I'm paraphrasing 'cuz I can't be bothered looking up actual quotes while I'm high on velcro glue - I'm making superhero wristbands . . . don't ask) - everything is relative.

    ReplyDelete