July 29, 2009

42 Days And Counting – I Guess I’d Better Start Getting Ready


So in exactly 42 days, 2 hours, 9 minutes, and 37 seconds I will be boarding a plane to Italy. (Actually New York first, but you get the picture) It will be the first step on my three month adventure abroad. If you didn’t read my last post about this trip, let me fill you in: I AM GOING TO ROME! One full semester studying and living in Italy!


Needless to say I am very excited about the trip, but preparations keep getting pushed back because I “have all summer:” Well, not anymore...there are books to be ordered, electronic devices that need researched, and 90 days worth of necessities that much be purchased.


So here is my “To Do” of things that must be accomplished before September 9th


Buy School Books – Paperback and internet downloads are the way to go for this gal – beauty product weigh a lot!


Plan Plan Plan – I am fortunate to have my best friend going with me. Our school is planning several trips but the two of decided it is essential that we travel Europe. Trip #1 will be to Milan, trip #2 is Paris, and trip #3 is TBA. I’ve looked up train and plane tickets, but I guess I should buckle down and make some concrete plans ;D


Budget – Get my finances in order. I’ll have to pay my bill for school, plus get the application in for my very first credit cart. Sarah is growing up


Research and Purchase Electronics – First of all I must get a converter and adapter so that I can charge my computer and camera batteries. Last time I went overseas the adapter blew up and ruined my charger sooo needless to say I’m pretty nervous. If anyone has experience or helpful advice it would be appreciated!


I’m also looking into purchasing a new camera. Still researching and deciding how much I can really afford to spend.


Knock Out My Killer Shopping List – Do you know how much make-up/shampoo/soap/facescrub/feminineproducts/contactsolution/deodorant/moose/hairspray a girl uses in three months? It’s a lot! I made my shopping list yesterday of all the necessities I’ll need – It will be around $175 dollars. I am already dreading that shopping trip.


Dealing With My #1 Problem – Fitting all of my clothing, necessities, towels, sheets, and misc items into two suitcases that each weighs less than 50 pounds. I’ve never been a light packer, so this is going to be interesting.



Wow, I feel a mildly extreme panic attack coming on. Any advice from seasoned travelers?
Well, I’d better get moving on this, so I’ll keep you posted….

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful, you don't need all of that make-up and goop!

    And I bet they have better stuff in Italy..... Save your money and your packing allowance and buy your beauty stuff there. Then, when you get home and people ask "Why does your hair look so great?" You can say "It's this fabulous goop I bought in Rome....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! I've been told that, but I'm very particular about brands and I'm just so nervous I wont be able to find things....but I guess I'm going to Italy - not the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting - Saw your tweet about new camera. the SX10is http://bit.ly/eU6uQ is very nice, excellent quality and video quality is great too. But if you decide you need to spend less on camera just let me know - there are other excellent options for less. Find me on twitter @camerarec

    Happy Travels- I am very jealous - ROME!!!

    ReplyDelete