July 17, 2009

54 Days Until Lift Off.....

I am excited. Maybe just a little bit. Well, maybe I am at a good moderate level of excitement. Okay - I'm REALLY EXCITED!

Here's the deal. On September 9th, 2009, my best friend
Lisa and I, along with sixteen other college students, are going to begin an adventure in Europe. We will be living, learning, and experiencing the culture during a three month long stay!

Our home will be a convent in Rome, Italy. Yes, I said a convent. You know the kind with nuns? The order even has a website you can check out. Our rooms, kitchen, library, and classrooms will occupy one wing of the building, and only a 15 minute bus ride away is the heart of Rome. Check out the slide show for pictures of the location.


Classes are going to be 3 days a week and then field trips once a week. My professor said that these would be pretty laid back. For example, she said we weren't going to all bus down like middle schoolers. Instead, she'll say something like, "Meet me at the Colosseum at noon" And there you go!

We will also be going on several weekend trips to places like Pompey, Venice and Florence. The rest of our weekends are open for travel, and boy are we going to travel. (Lisa and I are planning to make a quick stop in Milan to pick up shoes - then from there, Paris is the limit!)

This is a once in a lifetime experience that I just could not pass up. To be living in Rome and getting to experience it like a local is going to be something I am never going to forget.

So please subscribe and stay tuned! In 54 Days this blog is going to be place to read about my European adventures!!!

1 comment:

  1. The convent looks beautiful. I think I might be turning a little green (and it's not just from the velcro glue.) It's going to be an incredible adventure. And by the way, my shoe size is 7 1/2.

    ReplyDelete