July 21, 2009

Sewing Machines, Alfredo, and Friends

Weekends are so much better than any other part of the week. Nothing compares to feeling of freedom that comes in the last few minutes of work on a Friday afternoon. This was especially true this past weekend. I watched the second hand tick tick tick until it finally marked 5:00. Punch out, shut down, run. I was out of there. I had much more important things to be doing…like visiting my wonderful Kettie Friend for the weekend!


I made the trip back up to my college campus for a visit. Unexpectedly, there were quite a few people in from out of town and we had a weekend filled with fun, laughter, and adventure. I'm still trying to figure out how I made it the whole weekend without getting any pictures...but here are few highlights anyways:


- My best friend and I slept in and then just stayed in bed and talked to two hours. I don’t think I’ve done that since grade school.


- Lunch at Sub Palace….oh baked ham and cheese, how I have missed thee


- Visiting the Essigs, my home-away-from-home


- Sewing curtains with Nick – or at least trying too, this was a fiasco. “Screw you sewing machine, Go back to hell where you came from!” (Kettie was a little frustrated)


- Learning to this game and being really bad at it (like cornhole and horseshoes combined…I have no clue what it was called!)


- Going to see the most intense fireworks display ever – This was mainly due to that fact that we were 100 yard from where the fireworks were being set off, so fireballs and burning ash were falling all around us. I saw a stuffed animal catch on fire.


- Staying up until 4am chatting


- Visiting Kettie’s wonderful church and getting to hear Christian preach. Way to go, You were fantastic!


- Chicken Alfredo and (non)Garlic Bread


- Picnicing and saying goodbyes to many new friends


- Walking through my campus in the rain. It was beautiful and quiet….one of my favorite places in the world


Isn’t it strange that a student only spends four years in college and yet it has and impact for the rest of their lives. Now is when I expand my knowledge, train for the future, and form friendships that will last for a lifetime.


It was a wonderful weekend. I was able to spend time with one of my best friends, plus I got the chance to make many new ones.


Gosh, do I really have to graduate?


No comments:

Post a Comment