June 7, 2011

A Tasty Summer

      I've discovered that I love to cook! Of course there were the times I helped my mom in the kitchen, but now I'm planning, grocery shopping, and cooking on my own. Its been a creative outlet for me. Since my lunches have consistently been a peanut butter sandwich and carrot sticks, so I look forward to each time I can devote a couple hours to preparing and savoring a new dish. 

Because my current state of internetless has prevented me from blogging regularly, I have been keeping a photo journal of my favorite meals and am excited to finally be able to share them!

Chicken Salad with Sweet Potato Fries: 

Pasta Cooked with Veggies, served with Salad and Iced-Tea: 

 Stir Fry in my new cast-iron skillet: 

The final product! Beef Teriyaki Stir-Fry over Rice: 

Chicken and Veggies....

 ...Tossed with Pasta and a Cream Sauce:


Well there you have it, a little peek into my life as a chef :)

Bon Appétit!

5 comments:

  1. Rachael HendersonJune 7, 2011 at 1:03 PM

    that looks so good!!
    Yummy foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these dishes look great! SO glad you're eating well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dishes look beautiful m'dear! When are we going to start our penpalship???? I'm dying to send you a nice long letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, this is Kettie...I'm logged into Lydia's email for some dumb reason. She is sitting beside me as I type this so she knows how FURIOUS I am that she hasn't signed out of her email yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone :) Please Kettie, lets start writing soon!

    ReplyDelete