May 13, 2011

Vacuum Cleaner Excitement.

"So, when is it, exactly, that I'll feel like an adult?" 
This is a question I have been asking myself for most of the week. Tomorrow will by the one-week anniversary of my graduation and it was still feeling pretty surreal. I say "was" because all that has changed now.

Two days ago my Mama and I went shopping for my new apartment, which was more fun than anything. We roamed the stores looking for the essentials, and then, we turned down the vacuum cleaner isle of Walmart. 

"Does your place have a vacuum?" My mother asked

"No, we were talking about needing to get one."

"Well how about this? It's small and inexpensive and should work just fine for your little place." 

A few texts later and I had the approval of my roommates and the little Bissell in the bag! But, believe it or not that still wasn't the moment that I felt like an adult. No, it was the following morning when I woke up, from dreaming about the apartment, wondering how long it would be before I could test out my new vacuum cleaner. 

Resignedly yours,

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...no clear line for adulthood these days. It used to be whenever you hit a certain age, then whenever you started taking care of yourself, bills and all. Then it was when you had your own place, whether you were making all your bills or not. Now we're all just confused.

    Guess we just keep trying on figuring it out, eh?

    ReplyDelete